Sunday, September 05, 2010

Taco Soup

I've been hearing a lot about Taco Soup and the more I heard the more I wanted to try it so...I got recipes from my sister-in-law Melissa and from Cynthia at Hope Lives... Today, for Sunday dinner (which we've only recently started doing but that's a whole 'nother blog post) I decided to make it. I took both recipes, used the ingredients that fit us, and slightly altered until I got....


...my first ever pot of Taco Soup. We. Loved. It. Even my two picky eaters.

So, here's the recipe I used...

Taco Soup

2 lbs ground chuck (Melissa uses ground beef. Cynthia also said you could use ground turkey.)

1 onion

2 cans Mexican corn (Cynthia's recipe called for shoepeg corn)

2 cans black beans (both Melissa and Cynthia use kidney beans but we prefer black beans)

2 cans diced tomatoes with green chiles

2 pks Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix

1 & 3/4 pks taco seasoning

2 cans water (instead of water and ranch mix Melissa uses a can of tomato juice)

shredded cheese and sour cream for toppings

tortilla chips or Fritos scoops in place of crackers (we all prefered the Fritos)

Directions:

Brown chuck & onion; drain.

Add corn, beans, diced tomatoes.

Mix together ranch dressing mix, taco seasoning, and water and add to chuck, veggies mixture.

Stir and let simmer until done.

No comments: